Precautionary Measures Taking Place Against Coronavirus
March 01, 2020
McMinnville, Ore., March 1, 2020 – The Springs Living is closely monitoring developments of the outbreak of a new strain of coronavirus (COVID-19). While there are currently no cases of coronavirus identified in any of our communities, as always, our overriding priority above all else is the safety and health of our residents and employees. The company is taking this potential risk very seriously and has begun taking action to mitigate the potential of it entering and spreading within our communities.
In addition to adhering to the guidelines for healthcare workers as determined by the Centers for Disease Control and the Departments of Health in Oregon and Montana, The Springs Living has an established and robust infection control protocol which is routinely followed in our communities for seasonal viruses, such as respiratory flu and norovirus. This plan includes 1) educating staff, residents, and their families and 2) adjusting procedures in health services, housekeeping, and culinary services, as necessary. Out of an abundance of caution, The Springs Living has elevated the protocol in response to the novel coronavirus.
As opposed to those living in the general public, The Springs Living communities offer robust infection control procedures aimed to reduce the risk of spreading through practices such as:
- On-site health care professionals who continually monitor the current guidance to ensure the steps taken follow information received from reputable sources;
- Connection to national, state, and county health departments to remain informed;
- Emergency management station status that provides primary response from federal and local emergency services, prioritized over other general public environments;
- Housekeeping services on site with enhanced cleaning schedules of all surfaces;
- Education and training on infection control provided regularly to all employees and residents;
- Culinary teams who adhere to rigid guidelines from the Food and Drug Administration for food sourcing and processing. We intentionally engage in safer storage techniques and stricter sanitation standards than most private homes;
- Responsive measures to quickly intervene should anyone with symptoms need support.
As always, the health and safety of The Springs Living staff and residents are of paramount importance, and everyone in our communities have been asked to follow the precautions in the company’s protocol and as recommended by government agencies. If the situation changes, the company will post updates.