The Journey So Far
Since 1996, The Springs Living has been creating comfortable communities for independent retirement living, assisted living, and Alzheimer's or dementia care for seniors. Our focus centers on these core values:
We Listen to our residents and staff. They are invaluable informational resources helping us create the warm, friendly settings that feel like home.
We Respect each resident's past, present state and vision for the future; and we respect our staff, recognizing their critical role supporting and caring for our residents.
We are Accountable to our residents, staff and stakeholders. We are responsible to hire, train, and retain only high-caliber professionals who will consistently serve our residents with dignity, warmth and compassion.
Find A Location
The Springs Living Timeline
- 1996 Conceptualized The Springs Living brand and purchased land for development of the first community.
- 1998 Opened our first property, The Woods at Willowcreek in Salem, Oregon. Offers 60 residences for assisted living, and Footsteps® memory care for residents with Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia.
- 1999 Opened The Springs at Clackamas Woods in Milwaukie, Oregon. Offers 72 residences providing assisted living.
- 2000 Opened The Springs at Sunnyview, located near The Woods at Willowcreek in Salem, Oregon. Offers 71 independent living residences, providing a full continuum of care in Salem.
- 2001 Expanded The Springs at Clackamas Woods to include independent living in Milwaukie, Oregon. Offers independent-living residences, and assisted-living residences
- 2002 Acquired management of The Woods at Willowcreek in Salem, Oregon.
- 2003 Began construction for the 142-unit campus at Missoula, Montana.
- 2004 Opened The Springs at Missoula, Montana, offering residents a continuum of care ranging from active retirement to assisted living and Footsteps® memory care.
- 2007 Acquired a senior community in Whitefish, Montana and renamed it The Springs at Whitefish. Offers 57 assisted living residences and 13 Footsteps® memory care residences. Acquired an additional five acres in Whitefish, Montana for future development.
- 2007 Broke ground on The Springs at Tanasbourne in Hillsboro, Oregon, which will comprise 230 residences of independent homes, apartments, assisted living and Footsteps® memory care.
- 2009 Completed The Springs at Tanasbourne in Hillsboro, Oregon. Offers 148 independent living residences, 70 assisted living residences and 12 Footsteps® memory care residences.
- 2010 Internal management shift from Willowcreek Management to The Springs Living, LLC.
- 2011 The Springs at Clackamas Woods opens Footsteps® memory care in Milwaukie, Oregon. Offers 129 independent living residences, 48 assisted living residences, 32 Footsteps® memory care residences.
- 2011 The Springs at Whitefish in Whitefish, Montana breaks ground to expand Footsteps® memory care and enhance assisted living common areas. Offers 57 assisted living residences and 21 Footsteps® memory care units.
- 2011 The Woods at Willowcreek in Salem, Oregon adds additional Footsteps® memory care. Offers 12 assisted living residences and 64 Footsteps® memory care residences.
- 2012 The Springs at Whitefish in Whitefish, Montana completes additional Footsteps® memory care residences and enhancements to assisted living.
- 2012 The Springs Living acquires four senior living communities in Oregon and transforms them to: 1) The Springs at Carman Oaks in Lake Oswego, 2) The Springs at Sherwood in Sherwood, 3) The Springs at Mill Creek in The Dalles, and 4) The Springs at Wilsonville in Wilsonville.
- 2013 Footsteps® memory care residences are opened in three Oregon communities: The Springs at Mill Creek in The Dalles, The Springs at Carman Oaks in Lake Oswego, and The Springs at Sherwood in Sherwood.
- 2014 The Springs Living® acquires two senior living communities in Medford, Oregon and transforms them to: The Springs at Veranda Park and The Springs at Anna Maria.
- 2014 Major reconstruction is completed at The Springs at Carman Oaks in Lake Oswego, Oregon. Offers 145 independent living residences, 17 assisted living residences and 16 Footsteps® memory care residences. Expansion includes a swimming pool and spa, wellness center with exercise and massage rooms, remodeled restaurant and Fancho's pub and covered, outdoor patio.
- 2015 Construction began on the development of The Springs at Greer Gardens in Eugene, Oregon. This community will house a total of 216 units: 109-independent living, 75 assisted living and 32 for Footsteps® memory care.
- 2015 Completed remodel project of The Springs at Anna Maria in Medford, Oregon and this community now includes a Fancho's public house. Also in Medford, a major reconstruction and addition of assisted living services is well underway at The Springs at Veranda Park.
- 2015 Acquisitions of two properties in Montana are finalized in December. The Springs at Butte provides 93 units with a mix of independent living cottages, assisted living and Footsteps® memory care. The Springs at Grand Park, in Billings, provides a total of 55 units for assisted living and Footsteps® memory care.