The Journey So Far
Since 1996, McMinnville, Oregon-based The Springs Living has been creating comfortable communities for independent retirement living, assisted living, and specialized Alzheimer's/dementia care. Our focus for every development and management project centers on our three core values:
At The Springs Living, we recognize that our residents and staff are invaluable informational resources. We design our communities and services so residents can Live Life to Its Fullest based on what we learn from them. Resident and staff feedback has been essential in helping us create the warm, friendly settings for which our communities have become known.
We respect each resident's past, present and hope for the future, and we strive to incorporate elements of each into their everyday lives. We also respect the needs and hopes of our staff, recognizing that they're the ones who support and care for our residents as they Live Life to Its Fullest.
We are Accountable...
The Springs Living manages its financial assets with thoughtful stewardship, staying accountable to our residents, staff and owners. We give straight answers, and residents and staff always have access to our owners if no one else can provide the answers they seek. We take seriously our responsibility to hire, train, and retain only high-caliber professionals who will consistently serve our residents with warmth and compassion.
The Springs Living Timeline
- 1996 Purchased land for development and conceptualized The Springs brand.
- 1998 Opened our first property, The Woods at Willowcreek in Salem. Offers 60 residences for residential care, as well as Footsteps™ Memory Care for our residents with Alzheimer's/dementia.
- 1999 Opened Clackamas Woods Assisted Living in Milwaukie, Oregon. Offers 72 residences providing assisted living.
- 2000 Opened The Springs at Sunnyview, Willowcreek's first retirement community. Located near The Woods, this community now offers a continuum of care in Salem, Oregon.
- 2001 Opened The Springs at Clackamas Woods. This independent living community, built adjacent to Clackamas Woods Assisted Living in Milwaukie, Oregon, features 129 independent-living residences and 12 assisted-living residences, completing the 201-resident Clackamas Woods campus.
- 2002 Willowcreek acquired management of The Woods in Salem, Oregon.
- 2003 Began construction for the 142-unit campus at Missoula. This project is the next generation of senior housing, providing a continuing environment for residents and an efficient and inviting working environment for staff members.
- 2004 Opened The Springs at Missoula, Montana, offering residents a continuum of care ranging from active retirement to assisted living to memory care.
- 2007 Acquired Riverside Senior Living and renamed it The Springs at Whitefish providing 57 Assisted Living residences and 13 residences for Memory Care. Also acquired five acres in Whitefish, Montana to develop 100 independent living residences.
- 2007 Broke ground on The Springs at Tanasbourne in Hillsboro, Oregon, which will comprise 230 residences of independent homes, apartments, assisted living and memory care.
- 2009 Completed The Springs at Tanasbourne on time and under budget with a Grand Opening in April.
- 2010 Willowcreek Management changes its name to The Springs Living
- 2011 The Springs at Clackamas Woods opens Memory Care to its campus. The Springs at Whitefish breaks ground to expand Memory Care and enhance Assisted Living common areas. The Woods at Willowcreek adds additional Memory Care.
- 2012 The Springs at Whitefish completes additional Memory Care apartments and enhancements to Assisted Living.
- 2012 The Springs Living acquires 4 senior living communities in Oregon from Grayco LLC and transforms them to: The Springs at Carman Oaks, The Springs at Sherwood, The Springs at Mill Creek, and The Springs at Wilsonville.
- 2013 Memory Care units are opened in 3 Oregon communities: The Springs at Mill Creek, The Springs at Carman Oaks, and The Springs at Sherwood.